Sunday, December 18, 2011

B2K Assault Assignment Unlock

Hi guys, with the Back 2 Karkand expansion for Battlefield 3, Dice created a new game mechanic called Assignments - these have certain requirements or goals that you must get, and the rewards are really worth it.

Probably the easiest assignment to get, is the Assault one - now those who know me, know that I like to play the Assault class most, and with that I completed the Assault assignment quite quickly, and my reward was the FAMAS Assault Rifle.

See this excellent video on the gun itself:


To unlock this gun is really quite easy - you need 10 heals and 10 revives while playing the Assault class. (the assignment is called "Best Friend Forever".

When I unlocked the gun, I immediately switched over to it, and I must admit it is now my favourite gun! It has a rate of fire of 900 rounds per minute, which is pretty much the fastest firing gun in the game.

It also has 3 firing modes (single shot, 3-round burst and full automatic) - the clip takes a very nice 30 rounds (31 if you chamber a round as well).

The only drawback, which is also confirmed in the video clip above, is the long reloading time. Also, when you start off, the iron sight of the gun is terrible, so just stick to that first 10 kills to unlock the ACOG scope, it gets a lot better after that!

If you're used to quicker reloading weapons, this gun will take some time getting used to, and you'll probably have to change the way you play a bit to adjust, but in a few games you're already used to it (also good because it teaches you to use your sidearm more - since I've been using the FAMAS, I've got quite a few more kills with my sidearm :)

At the time of writing this, I've racked up about 90 kills, 20 of which were head shots, with a not-too-bad accuracy (for me at least!) of 15.4%

So, if you like playing Assault, keep healing and reviving your teammates, and you'll unlock this beauty in no time!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment